Fire Sprinkler Inspection in the Southeast
Providing Fire Protection Services in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia & Virginia
When it comes to the safety of your building, a fire sprinkler inspection is at the top of the list. Because your fire sprinkler system is your number one line of defense and protection against a fire, an annual inspection will ensure that you and your building are safe! Most jurisdictions in the Southeast area require annual inspections of sprinkler systems to be performed to National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, so it’s a good idea to schedule an inspection with a trusted fire safety company each year.
Since 1984, Unifour Fire & Safety has been the company to call for fire sprinkler inspections as well as installation, maintenance and repair services for businesses, organizations, and restaurants. Our knowledgeable fire safety experts are trained and experienced with all kinds of fire safety services, which is why we’ve been the trusted fire safety company of the Southeast for over thirty years!
Don’t wait for a fire disaster to occur! Contact the fire safety specialists at Unifour Fire & Safety today and get your fire sprinkler system inspected.
Annual Fire Sprinkler Inspections
For most states, the NFPA requires you to have annual fire sprinkler inspections in order to maintain a safe environment in your building. In addition to this required maintenance, you should schedule a fire sprinkler inspection when you:
- Add a backflow preventer or water meter to the plumbing system in your building
- Change the layout, occupancy, or use of your building in a significant way
- See changes in public water supply
Give Unifour Fire & Safety a call today at 866-511-5540 and schedule a fire sprinkler inspection to keep maintenance and repair issues at bay!
The Fire Sprinkler Inspection Process
After scheduling services with Unifour Fire & Safety, you can expect our trained professionals to:
- Complete main drain tests and record the results in order to confirm that the water volume and pressure is properly available for the sprinkler system
- Inspect the whole system for proper set-up, support, and clearance of each moving part of your system.
- Confirm that sprinkler heads and system piping are accessible from the floor
- Lubricate the valves
- Inspect the alarm and supervisory devices to confirm proper notification occurs in an emergency
- Test the flow switches by operating them through a test connection
- Test the tamper switches by exercising the valves through the expected range of motion and verifying that each signal is received by the fire alarm control panel
- Check fire department connections, system gauge, and proper signage on valves
- Inspect the spare head box and make sure spare sprinkler heads and wrench are readily available
- Confirm that each valve is properly positioned and sealed and that each signal is received at the central monitoring system (if the system requires monitoring)
Make sure each working part of your fire sprinkler is fully functioning by scheduling an inspection with Unifour Fire & Safety today. Contact us online!
Keep Your Fire Sprinkler System Safe Between Inspections
After your fire sprinkler inspection, it’s important that you follow some general safety practices to keep your system safe and functioning. Adhere to these procedures and make sure your fire sprinkler system operates to its full potential:
- Avoid putting paint on your fire sprinkler heads
- Don’t hang anything from the sprinkler heads
- Refrain from stacking objects within 18-20 inches of your sprinkler heads
- Report fire sprinkler system damage to a certified fire protection company
- Confirm that your control valves are open
By following this guideline, your fire sprinkler system stands a much better change of working well between inspections!
Other Fire Services at Unifour Fire & Safety
Once you’ve had a thorough inspection completed on your fire sprinkler system, make sure you cover all the bases for fire safety in your building! At Unifour Fire & Safety, our experts offer quality services to protect you and your property from the serious damage a fire could cause. Aside from fire sprinkler inspection services, our fire safety professionals specialize in servicing:
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire alarm systems
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Backflow preventers
- Fire hydrants
- Emergency lighting
Schedule a Fire Sprinkler Inspection for Your Southeast Building
Whether you need a full fire sprinkler inspection or just want to make sure a few working parts are functioning correctly, the professionals at Unifour Fire & Safety are fully trained and experienced to inspect all types of fire sprinkler systems. With thirty years of fire safety experience, we have been the company to call for fire sprinkler installation, inspection, maintenance, and repair for businesses, organizations, and restaurants in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia.
If you’re ready to schedule fire sprinkler services for your commercial property, contact Unifour Fire & Safety today!
We proudly serve the following cities and their surrounding areas:
North Carolina (NC) – Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Hickory, Raleigh, Durham
South Carolina (SC) – Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg
Georgia (GA) – Athens, Atlanta, Savannah
Eastern Tennessee – Knoxville
Virginia (VA) – Blacksburg, Richmond, Roanoke