Emergency Lighting Inspection in the Southeast
Your Full-Service, One-Stop Shop for Emergency Lighting Services in North Carolina, South Carolina & Georgia
The emergency lighting in your building is important for helping people evacuate calmly and quickly during a fire or another emergency. If the power goes out and backup lights aren’t there to guide the way, people are liable to panic. Fortunately, with emergency lighting services from Unifour Fire & Safety, you can keep your building safe and code-compliant.
To schedule your next emergency lighting inspection, please call Unifour Fire & Safety at 866-511-5540. We serve business owners throughout the Southeast, including North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
Why Schedule Emergency Lighting Inspections Throughout the Southeast?
How long has it been since you tested your emergency lighting equipment? Far too many business owners say it’s been more than 30 days—a risky answer. Routine maintenance of emergency lighting is easy to overlook until disaster strikes, and by then, it’s too late to act. Here are the top reasons to make this a priority in your building:
- Improve safety: Installing illuminated exit signs and emergency lighting is only the first step. Routine inspections ensure the backup batteries, wiring, bulbs, and other components continue to function properly in case you ever need them to assist in making an evacuation safer.
- Reduce liability: During an emergency, people are more prone to tripping and falling if the emergency lights aren’t illuminated to guide the way. Some people may even get stuck in the building if they don’t know which way to go. Not only can this lead to tragedy, but it also opens the door to litigation, and you could be found liable if your emergency lighting failed to operate correctly.
- Remain code compliant: OSHA, the NFPA, and international fire codes require monthly and annual testing of emergency and exit lighting. If your business is audited and you have no maintenance records to show or non-functioning emergency lights, you’re at risk of steep penalties and fines.
Contact Unifour Fire & Safety online today or give us a call at 866-511-5540 for emergency lighting inspection in the Southeast!
What an Emergency Lighting Inspection Entails
NFPA 101 Life Safety Code requires 30-second emergency lighting tests every 30 days to confirm system functionality. Then, more in-depth testing and inspections are required annually from a fire protection specialist. Here’s what a Unifour Fire & Safety technician will do:
- Ensure that the location and number of exit signs and lights are appropriate for the building’s type and occupancy level.
- Inspect light fixtures, exit signs, and other components for proper installation and secure mounting.
- Perform battery load tests.
- Verify the correct charging voltage of all units.
- Inspect bulbs for proper operation and brightness.
- Perform a 90-minute discharge test that simulates a power outage. Make sure the equipment remains fully functional for the duration of the test.
Why Choose Unifour Fire & Safety for Emergency Lighting Inspections?
Looking for a one-stop shop for all your fire protection needs? Turn to Unifour Fire & Safety! We have over 30 years of experience installing, repairing, replacing, and inspecting emergency lighting and other fire safety equipment.
In addition to emergency lighting, we also service fire sprinklers, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, kitchen fire suppression systems, and other equipment. Our goal is to keep your employees, property, and inventory safe from the dangers of fire. Plus, we’re available 24/7 to help out when you need us most.
Our Service Area
We proudly provide fire protection services in the following cities and their surrounding areas:
North Carolina (NC): Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Hickory, Raleigh, and Durham
South Carolina (SC): Charleston, Columbia, Greenville, and Spartanburg
Georgia (GA): Athens, Atlanta, and Savannah
Unifour Fire & Safety is also licensed in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida.
Contact us online or call 866-511-5540 for fire protection services throughout the Southeast!